1.07.2013

Honest Monday.

I've been loving Dana's Honest Monday posts over at House Tweaking so I thought I'd join in the fun. When I was a kid I always got in trouble for having too many "piles" in my room after I'd claimed to have cleaned it. I never really understood what the big deal was, but now that I'm caring for my own home some days the piles bother me {enough to do something about them} and sometimes they don't. I've been looking at this view from my bed for the past week or so. If there's anything I've learned about keeping house it's this: If you have a horizontal surface, it will gather crap. Kitchen counters, tables, dressers, shelves, tops of pianos, desks, windowsills... it goes on and on. Perhaps 2013 will be the year that I kick horizontal surface clutter to the curb! I think it comes down to organization. For instance, the boot stretch front and center doesn't have a home, and so here it sits. Consider this the beginnings of the percolation of the idea of getting some cupboards and closets a bit more organized this year.

Please tell me you've got piles at your house too?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...