11.15.2011

Basement Tour: Framing

Well, let's head to the basement shall we? This past weekend we made a lot of headway but today I will show you everything all framed in. It took a lot of thought to get the floor plan just so and my dad was awesome to help us out with that. Here's what we came up with:
Having a hallway right off the stairs isn't my favorite idea, but the bearing wall goes right down the middle of the house, switching sides of the hallway halfway down the hall. Keeping the hallway in place, we still got some pretty good sized rooms to work with. 
 When you first walk into the family room area, you see what will be the doors to the utility room and half bathroom. As part of our loan we got a new furnace and water heater... so glad we aren't just waiting for the old (original to the house on both counts!) ones to break. I've got some fun things in mind for the half bath.
 Turning around you see the family room part of the large area. It's hard to see here but there's a door at the end of that area under the stairs which will lead to all the toy storage for the house. I can't even tell you how ready I am for a designated toy storage area! I'm hoping to keep all the toys downstairs once we move in downstairs.
 Left off the stairs is our storage room. This will be where we keep things like Christmas decorations, yearbooks, etc etc. The doorway inside the room leads to the cold storage. Onward to food storage!
The second door on the left down the hallway is arguably the best room in the whole house. This room is large- two average sized bedrooms without a wall between. We put it together so that if we want to put a wall in and make two defined spaces in the future, we can (the door is already roughed in, the electrical is separate in the two spaces, two closets) but for now it will be one functioning space. This, friends, is my new studio. Sewing, designing, Christmas gift hiding, photo... fabulous. Two of the three windows are daylight windows since our home sits on a hill, so there is a ton of light and it's wonderful. Best room in the house. 
 
Here's the room once inside.
and looking back the opposite way.

On the other side of the hall is the guest bedroom. Without the second door in the studio yet, this room actually feels really separate from everything else in the house which is nice for the guest bedroom. Once we've got more kidlets and they don't fit upstairs anymore, Abby will likely move down here.That's a ways out though. For now it's a good sized bedroom (easily bigger than the ones upstairs) with direct access via pocket door to a 3/4 bath.


 Looking in to said 3/4 bath from the hall. Not too much to see here, and still searching for a vanity. Anyone have any leads? I want something simple, well made, and under $350ish dollars. It's like looking for a unicorn with a leprechaun rider, I guess. If you have any leads, send it my way!
Walk in shower! Eeeee! I'm a tried and true shower changer. If given the choice, I usually end up showering in a bathroom that's not the "master." There's always a good reason. Did you see my weird master bath tub? I think I may ditch it for this new walk in shower. Who wouldn't?
 








4 comments:

holmesfam.blogspot.com said...

Looks great...I need to come and take a live tour! We've done both the basement finishing and the house remodel...I don't know which one is the lesser of the two evils! Hahaha!

Mika McDaniel said...

It is looking so good! It has changed so much since I was there last. Can't wait to see it finished!

Julie said...

It looks awesome! I love the floor plan and I am especially jealous of your studio. It looks like an amazing space!

Julie said...

It looks awesome! I love the floorplan... but I'm especially jealous of your studio! It looks like a great space for working!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...